The Post-natal check you Deserve.
Who Needs a Mummy MOT®?
Up to half of all women experience weakness in both the abdominal muscles and pelvic floor muscles after pregnancy and up to a third still have a tummy gap at eight weeks post-birth. This can cause instability or poor core strength leading to women developing pelvic or back pain or bladder, bowel and sexual dysfunction. These conditions should not be something you should just put up with as a result of having a baby.
It’s recommended that women have an initial assessment after their 6-8 week GP check, but we also treat women who gave birth years ago that may still have a tummy gap or related pelvic floor issues.
- Full postural screen.
- Pelvic floor muscle assessment.
- Abdominal muscle exam to check for any separation.
- Screening for bladder, bowel or sexual dysfunction.
- Education and advice on safe activities such as lifting your baby or pushing a buggy.
- Bespoke rehabilitation programme with your goals and lifestyle factors in mind.
- Written report of the findings of your assessment.
Women’s Health Conditions We Treat
We offer specialised assessment and treatment for the following conditions
- Pelvic floor disorders
- Pre and post natal gynaecological problems
- Musculoskeletal problems during and after pregnancy
- Musculoskeletal problems arising from gynaecological problems and/or surgery
- Menopause (we have an acupuncturist dedicated to the treatment of menopause)
- Vulvodynia (vulva pain)
- Pudendal Neuralgia/nerve entrapment
- Interstitial cystitis
- Rectus Diastasis (separation of the abdominal wall after giving birth)